Thursday, May 28, 2009

New to this

Well I always thought that this would help me cope with dermatomyositis so here goes... I am 27 and have lived with DM since i was 23. I have seen both extremes of this condition from near death to what I think and hope is now remission. I want to be able to help and connect with others who have DM. Maybe you just want to know about DM because someone you know has it. I researched alot when I was first diagnosed and blogging wasn't really in so i never really looked to that for info. however now is different. Living with this condition has been really "different". I haven't and will never give up. Even though sometimes I admit I have felt I just couldn't anymore. I still remember when I didn't know what was going on w/my body. I was very active. I was a bartender and horse trainer and attended college, but my husband than new boyfriend didn't want me to work so I quit. I began to feel weaker and weaker. I didn't want to show it. I would hide my weakness from everyone especially my boyfriend. I thought I was going crazy or my body was getting lazy from not working anymore. I look back and think "how dumb was I?". It started as minor weakness and skin problems and ended up to not being able to walk at all. Yet still I thought I needed excercise. I think I was in denial that something was really wrong with me. My mom demanded I see a doc and they had no idea what was wrong but put me in the hosp. asap I'm glad they did because my cpk or ck levels were so high I almost had kidney failure etc.... several weeks and two muscle biopsy's later and BAM I was diagnosed w/the scariest thing in the world.Something I had no idea about,hell it was something not even the docs knew about.(which was not comforting) My life had change dramatically and depression was def. in full swing. 2 be continued...............

No comments:

Post a Comment