Tuesday, August 11, 2009

thank you dm

I do not like my condition, but it has opened my eyes to things I never even bothered to look at before. I wonder what my life would be like if I never had DM. I was in car accident when I was younger and was told I should have died. Yet I didnt listen and continued on my path of speeding and feeling untouchable. I had the world at my tips. I really wasnt bad but didnt really care or enjoy the small things. I remember when i was learning to walk again after my diagnosis I stood outside and felt the sun on my skin after six months of being pretty much immobile. The feeling was wonderful, the sun and the use of my legs was awesome. So much of how I see people and life has changed. (For the better) I still do feel down sometimes and frustrated, but we all do i guess. its life sick or not. Part of me hates this condition and part of me thanks this condition. I have my beautiful son and a new outlook and for that I thank you dm. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment