Sunday, August 23, 2009

no weight gain

Well now I "get it". Ive been on prednisone for such a long time and never gained weight like everyone says your suppose to. Hey no complaints but I saw a doc a few weeks back and just by my explanation of symptoms and one look he sugested thyroid problems. the blood test came back that it was my throid-thus the no weight gain and possibly my heart problems. So they are running another blood test to check exact levels of thyroid and will than put me on meds for that. It has been said that once you get one auto-immune disease others follow. I was told the problem with my thyroid is also auto-immune. im not worried cuz i hope this medication will help with the rapid heart beats. My body is essentially in workout mode, therefore my heart rate is elevated and metabolism is high, so no weight gain. If the only side effect I had was no weight gain id be fine with that but the rapid heart rate really isnt fun. Anything I do I have to rest, not so much cuz im tired but because it feels like a heart attack. Im relieved to know my heart isnt causing this. Now I pray i dont blow up like a balloon. only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment