Sunday, June 14, 2009

rest and excercise

Rest for people w/dermatomyositis is essential, but excercise is also important. I know I cant excercise like I use to with the stepper lunges weights etc.. but stretching and pushing your body a little more everyday is so important. I couldnt lift my head, my arms over my shoulders, or walk a few steps, but after I realized just lying there was not gonna fix things and I wanted 2 live i began to push. I walked a little futher when I could. I tried. It took awhile but now i can brush my hair, bathe myself and lift myself off the toilet. I would reach, pull, push and squirm my way off toilets. I got tired of having to wait on people to lift me. Granted their were many times that no matter what I tried I just could not do it, but I tried. They say real excercise hurts and no pain no gain well I think its the same w/those of us affected by a myositis condition. Its just a different level. Everyone is different but just be in tune with your body and mind. No matter what anyone else says ONLY YOU KNOW YOUR BODY! I have become more in tune w/my body since being diagnosed. I wonder if this is the same for others........

No comments:

Post a Comment