Saturday, June 13, 2009

whats wrong with you?

I took the 2 classes, and the summer schedule is excrutiating. A lot of info in a little time. 2 days before school the pain in my legs had worsen. Yet with a pep talk from my husband I decided to push on. He asked me how bad I really wanted it. The thought stayed w/me. I wanted it now more than ever. I'm a senior and soooo close to having that degree in my hand. Yes it took me longer than most considering the obstacles but I want it bad. Its been rough, real rough. I still have this pain and ive only finished the first week of school. (and im so tired) I try to play it off like i dont have pain because i hate to explain to every one my condition, and i want to "fit in" and be "normal". well the other day i was walking along thinking i was doing a real good job of hiding the limp when suddenly an older gentleman stopped me in my tracks and asked me "whats wrong with you?" I stood there perplexed. I became a little defensive and replied "what do you mean whats wrong with me?" I had no idea what he meant. He replied well i see you are limping whats wrong? I told him I had a condition that affected my muscles and that they were being attacked by my own body. He asked my name and I told him. He told me he would pray for me. He reminded me to pray too, and he walked off leaving me in a state of confusion. I was embarassed to think I was pulling off the walk, yet I felt something was with that man and I pressed on to my class tears in my eyes and joy in my heart. A stranger cared. People arent all mean, and I felt he was a blessed man. He probably was the preacher on campus. Along w/confusion and embarassment I felt empowered. Was it God letting me know he was their to carry me when I couldnt walk? Like footprints in the sands of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment