Monday, June 29, 2009

Its not nice to stare

I was always so concerned w/my looks, & i must admit I still do care but its not my life. I feel because im sick doesnt mean i have to let go. I remember putting makeup on @ the hospital, taking my own cute pjs and trying to look normal. If you feel good about yourself on the outside it helps your mind and i truly believe it helps heal the body. That & I didnt want people or myself to see me down. However, there are times I cant and dont care. The other day @the docs office was one of them. People were looking @ me like I was caring the ebola virus. My skin has dark spots and red rashes, and my veins in my arms are bruised from blood work, my muscles ached and I was limping along too. I usually have make-up on and its not so obvious i'm sick. Then as I was leaving, feeling like i was gonna collapse any minute i felt a stare. One woman was left in the waiting room and kept staring @me with a weird face. I couldnt take it, why wouldnt she stop. I hoped she would and than just like that I turned and looked @ her & told her "Do you know its not nice to stare?!" and walked out. I was so mad, happy that i finally told someone it hurts when your gawked at, & astonished by what I did. The look on her face was priceless. Most people dont say anything but I had enough. People dont realize that sometimes people have underlying conditions that make them overweight, too skinny, lose hair, have rashes, etc... I wish people werent so judgemental. Is it human nature or something we learn from others along the way? maybe both? Either way its not nice to stare.

1 comment:

  1. Well said, it is just a sign of the ignorance in our society. Elizabeth Wood

    ReplyDelete